Wednesday, August 04, 2010

08/04/10

I definitely did not get the chance to upload my blog yesterday, and it didn't save because I started writing it on my phone.  So, since the best part of the day actually occurred after midnight, I'll just tell you all of what happened today...

A few hours later...

I was going to write today's blog talking about everything that is not happening in my day today. But I just read a Nerdfighter's Secret and it really upset me the way that people were responding to it. This girl is spilling her heart out, telling the world that she feels alone and there are still people commenting on how she is going to be judged if she continues to believe what she believes. Yes, I realize that people are bound to judge you no matter what, but what upset me the most is that Nerdfighters are supposed to be accepting and loving of one another, but they are treating her poorly. I've always had the feeling that Nerdfighteria is about accepting people as they are, even when it seems no one else will. And I have always received this same message from those who are at the head of Nerdfighteria, John and Hank Green, especially. Seeing things come to pass like Esther day, and Esther just wanting everyone to show love to their friends and family, makes me think that whoever this girl has encountered doesn't understand what being a Nerdfighter is really about.

I feel that, personally, I can be comfortable being part of the Nerdfighter community because it seems to promote love in a similar way to how Christ showed love when he was on earth. That is, by accepting and caring about everyone regardless of status, or money, or relationships. But seeing this girl who seemingly felt the same way, and thought that she was understood and no longer judged, be let down was really upsetting. I'm not going to say that because of this I am no longer going to consider myself a Nerdfighter, or that I'm going to stop watching the videos uploaded by those who call themselves Nerdfighters, but I just feel disappointed.

However, at the same time it comforts me by reminding me that Christ's love is better than this. He does not decided who he loves based on what they do or who the world believes them to be. He loves everyone unconditionally. So, though Satan may be working against this girl by breaking down what she loved and felt comforted by, I see it as an opportunity to remind her of God's grace and love. Which, as I hope she can see, is much more important.

No comments: