Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hot hot hot....

The weather around Seattle has been unbearable the last few days. I cannot believe it has become so swelteringly hot! I'm dreading tomorrow, it's supposed to get up into the hundreds. Which wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that it's not just hot, it's humid. Yuck.

In other news, last May I gave myself a goal of reading 50 books in one year, which I accomplished. It was really cool to know that I could read so much in such a short time. By the end I had actually read 57 books, which averages a little more than a book a week. So just after I finished my 57th book a friend of mine came up to me and requested we have a read off to see who could read the most books in a year. Well, I was like, alright, sure, why not.... Well, frankly I couldn't really care about reading as fast as I can anymore. After having read 50 books I was pretty darn content with myself, and I just can't seem to force myself to read more books. I mean I've read some good ones since we started, like Dracula by Bram Stoker, amazing book by the way. But I just have gotten so apathetic about books. Well, most books. To be honest, I've been throwing around the idea of reading the Bible all the way through, and tried to start in the New Testament, because I've heard that's the easiest way to accomplish it, but I found it really hard to get through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, seeing as they all explain most of the same events. So I'm going about it a different way. I'm going to read back and forth. For ever few Old Testament books I'm going to read one New Testament book. I feel like this way I'm getting a little of both and I'm not overwhelming myself with the Gospels.

So far the Bible reading is going really well. I've attempted this same thing before and after one night of staying up late and reading I've become apathetic. But for the last few days I've been put putting my way through Genesis and I'm really enjoying it. I feel like I'm reading with a purpose.

I still don't know what to do about Lindsay, but the subject, after having spilled my guts the other night, seems to be free from my mind. I don't know if the Lord just needs me to relax and not worry, but I've been pretty content about it. For a while Lindsay and I were still Myspace friends, she deleted me from Facebook immediately, but just recently she deleted me on Myspace too. I'm not really worried about this, more happy that I'm not opening my Myspace and wondering what she's posted as a status update. I don't like dwelling, and her deleting me has actually helped rather than hindered.

Things with Aaron have been good. I was a little bummed to learn that he had the night off and was planning on swimming with friends of his, instead of hanging out with me. But I realized how ridiculous that was and got over it pretty quick. I almost wanted him to invite me, but at the same time I was thinking to myself that there were going to be tons of people swimming and I just didn't want to deal with it. Ha. He did say we'd see each other tomorrow when he gets off work. The way he said it had an air of "duh" mixed in with it. Ha. It surprised me a little, but I also found it rather funny.

Work was good today, I was really enjoying the A/C and I feel like I'm going to miss it tomorrow. It's supposed to get up into the 100's and I have nothing to keep me cool, but a fan that's blowing warm air. I suppose the Lord will keep me cool though, yes Lord?!

Just gonna close tonight with a prayer that tomorrow will not be as miserable as I'm expecting it to be, and that the Lord will keep my Grandma, my dog, and I healthy even through the heat. Also I'm gonna thank the Lord that this Blogger auto saves, because I would have just lost this entire blog. (Seems lame, but I really would not have wanted to write it all over again!)

Night all!

No comments: